If you have upholstered furniture in your home, it’s essential to keep it clean and free of unsightly blemishes. Here are valuable tips from Champion Chem-Dry for upholstery cleaning that will help you maintain a fresh and inviting home environment throughout the summer season and beyond.
Unique Cleaning for Every Kind of Furniture
The care label on furniture is a small, often-overlooked piece of information that can help you keep your furniture looking its best for years to come. The care label will tell you how to clean and care for your furniture, so it’s important to take the time to read it and understand what it says.
The care label is usually located on a small tag sewn into the furniture. The tag will have a variety of symbols that represent different cleaning and care instructions. These symbols are standardized, so you can be sure that they mean the same thing no matter where you buy your furniture.
common care label symbols
- Washing: This symbol tells you how to wash your furniture. The number of dots inside the symbol indicates the maximum water temperature that you can use. For example, a washing symbol with one dot means that you can wash your furniture in cold water.
- Bleaching: This symbol tells you whether or not you can bleach your furniture. If there is a triangle inside the symbol, you can bleach your furniture. If there is a line through the triangle, you cannot bleach your furniture.
- Drying: This symbol tells you how to dry your furniture. The symbol with a circle inside a square means that you can tumble-dry your furniture. The symbol with a line through the circle means that you cannot tumble-dry your furniture.
- Ironing: This symbol tells you how to iron your furniture. The number of dots inside the symbol indicates the maximum heat setting that you can use. For example, an ironing symbol with one dot means that you can iron your furniture in a low-heat setting.
- Dry cleaning: This symbol tells you that your furniture must be dry-cleaned. The letter inside the circle indicates the type of solvent that should be used.
In addition to these symbols, the care label may also include other information, such as the fabric content of your furniture and any special care instructions. It’s important to read the care label carefully and follow the instructions to keep your furniture looking its best.
Professional Services Remove the Guess Work
If you don’t feel confident or lack the necessary equipment to clean your upholstery effectively, hiring a professional upholstery cleaner is a worthwhile investment. Professionals have the expertise, specialized tools, and cleaning agents to tackle tough stains and ensure thorough cleaning of your furniture.
The Experts at Champion Chem-Dry are capable of cleaning several styles of furniture. Instead of watching youtube videos or creating special formulas that may or may not remove the stains on your couch, you can trust that Chem-Dry will safely and effectively remove dirt and grime from your upholstered furniture.
Taking preventive measures can go a long way in keeping your upholstery clean and stain-free. Use throw blankets or pillows to protect high-traffic areas or areas prone to spills. Consider applying a stain-resistant spray to your upholstery, which creates a protective barrier against liquids, and other stains while also making cleaning up spills easier.
By implementing these tips for upholstery cleaning, you’ll be able to maintain the cleanliness and longevity of your furniture throughout the summer season and beyond. Get a glimpse of our professional work by viewing our before and after photos.
Are you ready for a free consultation? Call (719) 647-1545 to speak to a Champion Chem-Dry technician or to get a quote for your next furniture cleaning service.